2017 Points Standings:
(As of Dec 13, 2017)
- NWFQHA 2016 Year End All Around and Reserve Winners:
All Around – Its My Turn and Ashlynn Brack
Reserve All Around – Zippos Sweet Surge and Garrison Crow
All Around – Annies Final Encore and Chapman Maraman
Reserve All Around – Best of Invited and Ashley Doan
All Around – Annies Final Encore and Chapman Maraman
Reserve All Around – VF Both Sides Zipped and Maggie Bowers
All Around – Awesome Coolwin and Casey Caldwell
Reserve All Around – Mr Hot Investment and Donna Beach
All Around – RSVP My Invitation and Ashley Tolar
Reserve All Around – Mann of My Dreams and Morgan Goodwin
All Around – NB Simply An Art and Jennifer Anderson
Reserve All Around – Gota Wear My Silks and Mindy Posey
All Around – Awesome Coolwin owned by Casey Caldwell
Reserve All Around – Sheba Caaned owned by Angela Gottler
Year End Highpoints; Class Year End Highpoints; All Arounds and Reserve All Arounds (per division)
* Your membership entitles you to all membership privileges as well as computing of points towards Year End awards for all horses owned by you.
- Your membership must be made in the same name as your AQHA membership.
- In order to earn points within the NWFQHA Amateur division or NWFQHA Youth division the appropriate information must be provided.
- Your membership entitles you to one voting right for members 18 years and older (as of January 1st).
- You must be a paid member of NWFQHA. Points do not count until your membership is paid.
- Points count for same horse, same rider combinations, except in Open classes where points go to the horse regardless of exhibitor. Eligibility Requirements:
YEAR END AWARD Info:
* OWNER & RIDER MUST BOTH BE A MEMBER IN ORDER TO RUN FOR YEAR END HIGHPOINT PER CLASS AND/OR YEAR END HIGHPOINT ALL AROUND.
* POINTS START WHEN MEMBERSHIP DOES.
* Same horse, same rider combo in Youth and Amateur classes Open classes: points go to the horse regardless of the rider. Owner of horse must be a member. Rider of the horse must be a member.
* Horse must show in at least 3 different categories to run for Year End Highpoint All Around per AQHA rule book.
* Horse must earn at least 10 club points to qualify for Year end points: Class Awards or All- - Around Awards (Exception to classes with entries to low to accumulate 10 points yet member show to 6 judges in Pensacola.)
* Must show to a minimum of 50% of the NWFQHA shows/judges that are held in Pensacola: that is a total of 6 judges from the three Pensacola shows
- Halter is NOT required to run for the Year End All Around, but any halter points will be counted in with the total points for the selected division if it is shown. (Example: Select member shows in Halter Amateur Geldings or Amateur Performance Geldings then those points will be added into the tally for Year End Select All Around) *****When a class has to be combined due to (1) NWFQHA does not offer that class for that division or (2) a QH class has to be combined to make it AQHA pointed then the points will transfer to the original chosen division: Therefore,...
- Any AQHA class not offered for the Select Amateur or the Novice Youth/Amateur (like: Halter, Poles, Barrels, Western Riding, Reining, Driving, Hunter Hack), if that exhibitor rides in the respective division (Select rider shows in the Amateur or Novice Amateur shows in the Amateur or Novice Youth shows in the Youth class) then those points will count toward the chosen Year End All Around. Open will not count as it is completely a different division from the youth or Amateur. (Example: 1. Novice Youth runs in Youth Barrels: those points count toward the Year End Novice Youth All Around because we do not offer a class titled Novice Youth Barrels ) (Example: 2. Select Amateur rides in the Amateur Reining class: those points count toward the Select Year End All Around because we do not offer a class titled Select Amateur Reining")
- Green classes will NOT count toward any Year End All Arounds
- Points will run up to 9 entries
- (Example: 12 entries in class= 1st place get 9 points, 2nd place gets 8 points....Example: 5 entries in class, 1st place gets 5 points, 2nd place gets 4 points, etc)
- Sanctioned Shows: Jackson, MS, Folsom, LA, and Montgomery, AL show points will count toward NWFQHA Year End Highpoints. However, these are NOT required shows to run for Year End.
- Ties for Circuit Champions at each show will be broken by the random judge chosen for each show. Ties for the Year End Highpoints will be broken by the exhibitor with the most shows attended.
- Year End All Around & Reserve All Around Awards: Exhibitor must show in at least three different categories. Please see AQHA rulebook (rule 417C) for the category breakdown. All Arounds will be given in:
- Small Fry
- Novice Youth
- Novice Amateur
- Select Amateur
- Open Year End High Point Halter Award: This award will be given to the OVERALL high point halter horse in Open, Amateur or Youth, not divided by sex. Club points will be awarded just like the other classes. For this award calculation, the Grand Champion Halter Horse will get two more club points than any other horse in their sex division and reserve grand will get one more point than any other horse in their sex division other than the grand champion.